Join us for the re-opening of Markham Baptist in-person Sunday Worship
beginning September 6th, 2020
The reopening plan was prepared with an abundance of concern and prayer for the health and well-being of all attenders. It follows closely the advice from York Region Public Health Covid-19: Guidance for Re-opening Places of Worship.
For those who choose to attend worship. Things will be different. Please expect the following changes.
- Remember to wear your mask during the time you are in the church
- You will be guided to a seat pre-arranged for physical distances
- The family will be asked to sit together in their own “bubble”
- Sorry, there will be no congregational singing or speaking. Bibles and Hymn books have been removed
- Please take all personal belongings with you to your seat. The coat rack will be closed
- The washroom on the main floor will be available for emergencies only. All other washrooms will be closed
- There will be no children’s services, nursery services or on -site children’s programs at this time. On-line Sunday School and other youth and children’s programs will continue
- Please arrive early to permit easy entrance and maintain social distancing.
- Please continue donating by E-transfer at firstname.lastname@example.org. A locked box is at the top of the stairs for cheques or cash
- The kitchens, lower hall and Gymnasium are closed. The café is reserved for staff members only
- Everyone who enters the building through the week must sign in registry journal at the main entrance for tracking purposes.
- Other ministries, programs and rentals are deferred for a later stage of re-opening.
- Please speak to people from a social distance. Smile with your eyes because they have missed you and cannot see your welcoming smile through your mask.
- Visit outside in the parking lot or on the grass areas, while maintaining your social distance
We will be asking that you stay at home and continue to enjoy the virtual fellowship of our online YouTube services if any of the following apply to you or your family
- If you are not feeling well
- If you have recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19
- If you have pre-existing health concerns in relation to Covid-19
- If you are not yet comfortable with the thought of getting together in a group setting
The virtual worship services have been a great outreach to many people beyond Markham Baptist Church and they will be continuing.
Continue to watch for updates. You will need to register your attendance with the Office Administrator week by week starting Tuesday September 1st, 2020 for the Sunday, September 6th worship service